Monday 6 September 2021

Dogs vs Cats

Today I was learning how to make persuasive writing and persuasive slides. for this task I had to make find three reasons for cats to be better than dogs and three reasons for dogs to be better than cats then I had to choose which one I wanted to write about. I enjoyed making the slides and I found it challenging to think of what to write in the writing part. I would love it if you commented on my amazing race episode 2 and here is a link to the amazing race. click this link if you want to make your own slides and here is link to a video that shows you what persuasive writing is and here is a link to a video called ¨ten facts about cats" and here is link to a video called "ten facts about dogs" one last link to "cats who needs them". This was my writing about dogs and below that are my slides.                                                                                                                                                                                       Why dogs are better than cats

I totally think that dogs are way better than cats, Do you agree? In this piece of writing I am going to tell you three reasons why dogs are better than cats. After I tell you, you can decide what side you are on.

Firstly, I think that dogs are better than cats because even the smallest dogs will try to protect you no matter what, and it would be good to have a hero around for at least nine-ten years, now isn’t that protection?

Secondly dogs are better than cats because dogs don’t make a disgusting sound when they have a hairball, they don’t even have hairballs. Who would want to clean up hairballs? I think that I would want to clean up dog droppings instead of cleaning and listening to cats and hairballs.
 
Lastly, they don't make you dig through a sand toilet (kitty litter box). Don't you think it's annoying when your cat buries the droppings in the sand toilet? I mean it's not nice to have to search for your cat droppings.
 
Well, are you on the dog's side yet? I mean what side are you on? For the reasons above I think dogs are way better than cats. 

3 comments:

  1. Morena Alexis,

    I really admire the ideas that you have written about in your persuasive text. I thought you had some unique reasons as why dogs are better than cats. Next time you could have a go at adding some facts or information to backup your opinions. Have you ever written a persuasive text about cats or dogs?

    Ngā mihi,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ideas are different, does your cat have a lot of furballs? I have to disagree, my Gonzo was a great companion, no fourballs, always waiting at the door to greet me when l came home and loved to have a cuddle. Dogs can still be lots of fun, you can talk to them and almost read their response by the look on their face.

    Love Gramma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ideas were different, your cat must have lots of furballs. My cat was so loyal, always waiting for me when I came home and loved a cuddle. Dogs are great too, you can talk to a dog and know what they are thinking by their expression on their face.
    Love Gramma xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.