Thursday 18 November 2021

Manuka Sign

Today I was learning about plants in my school gardens. For this activity I had to find a ori plant in my school garden then I had to find out what that plant was used for, I picked a Manuka, (Branches of Mānuka are burnt to create ashes and can be rubbed on your scalp to cure dandruff. Leaves can be put in a calabash with water and hot stones, and the liquid can be drunk to ease a fever.) then I had to plan my sign on my chromebook after that I had to paint a piece of wood for my sign, next I had to write on my sign with a paint pen, after that I had to nail it into the stick that went into the ground. I enjoyed painting my sign and I found it challenging to pick what plant to do. I would love it if you commented on My Amazing Portrait of Myself. click this link to read The Science of Rongoa, this link to view a site about Rongoa plants and link for a video of how to make a Rongoa garden. 


2 comments:

  1. How interesting Alexis. I would like to know more about Manuka and other native plants that have medicinal benefits.

    Love Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morena Alexis,

    I really enjoyed watching you learn about your plan, design and paint your sign. You did a fantastic job and it looks awesome in our school garden. Mahi pai!

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.